Apex Housing Association Limited trading as FairShare (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Apex Housing Association Limited trading as FairShare, with registered office address 10 Butcher Street, Londonderry, BT48 6HL and main trading address 6 Cromac Place, the Gasworks, Belfast, BT7 2JB.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.fairshare.org.uk (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To process applications submitted by you to purchase a house or participate in the Fairshare scheme.
- To pass on to FairShare partners, credit reference agencies, estate agents or professional advisors who may contact you in relation to your application.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us or another FairShare partner.
- To verify your identity.
- To carry out credit checks.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We will check your credit history through a credit reference agency for the purpose of credit decisions. We may also make periodic searches at credit reference agencies for the purpose of making credit decisions. The credit reference agency will note each enquiry which is made about you. Credit checking is regulated and we will follow all the legal requirements which apply.
We may disclose your information to credit reference and fraud prevention agencies for the purposes of credit decisions and fraud prevention. This may include information about how you manage your obligations under the FairShare scheme. If you fail to meet any of your financial obligations under the FairShare scheme, credit reference agencies may be advised and will note any outstanding debt. This may affect future applications for credit facilities. The credit reference agency may make this information available to other organisations (if this is permitted under the Data Protection Act 1998) so that they can take decisions about you. We can provide the names and addresses of the credit reference and fraud prevention agencies we use. Please contact us at FairShare, 6 Cromac Place, the Gasworks, Belfast, BT7 2JB for further information. Please note that if you require a copy of the information which these agencies hold about you they may charge you a fee.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006 as well as to any of our FairShare partners.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Apex Housing Association Limited, a FairShare partner or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our FairShare partners, estate agents, mortgage providers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.